About the Journal
Baghdad Medical journal of students is a peer-reviewed, free-access journal that publishes high-quality, original articles or reviews in English, and will not publish manuscripts without prior double-blind peer review. The review process will be done by two or more reviewers whose field of expertise is pertinent to the subject of the manuscripts.
Editorial Policy :
1. The journal offers a prompt peer-review and publication upon acceptance. The policy is for the referees to review the submitted manuscript within four weeks in order to shorten the time of the process.
2. At least two referees will be involved in the review process. Unless the manuscript is far beyond the focus of the journal or is of an unacceptably low standard of expression or content, the managing editor will send the submission to peer reviewers in order to reach the decision as short as possible.
3. The editors will choose reviewers whose specialization fits the topic of the submission. Reviewers are asked about the quality and whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent. There will be a maximum of three revisions of any manuscripts permitted.
4. The content of a submission under revision is private information, and reviewers are not allowed to disclose it to others before publication.
5. The journal encourages reviewers' comments to be constructive as far as it is possible.
6. The editor evaluates the recommendation, and a notification to the author of the manuscript status is sent. The manuscript may be, "Accepted for publication as is", "Accepted for publication with minor revisions, with no re-review necessary", "Accepted for publication after a major revision and additional review", and "Rejected".
7. The comments of the anonymous reviewers will be included in the response to the author. When submitting the revised manuscript, the author should also send a response to the referees, indicating what modifications have been made in your manuscript and reasons why certain suggested changes were not followed. The journal will usually ask the authors to complete and submit it within two weeks after receiving the reviewers' comments. The editors may reject late manuscripts.
8. Any material that has been previously copyrighted, published, or accepted for publication will not be considered for publication in the journal.
9. The general goal of the review process is to ensure that all authors have equal opportunities for the publication of their papers.
The Goal of the journal :
the journal was created with the aim of raising the awareness of medical students about research to meet the increasing demand of respected researchers, in addition, to creating a scientific depot for Knowledge housed by peer-reviewed medical student contributions.
Scope of the journal:
The journal accepts articles that include different topics In basic and clinical medicine.
Frequency of publishing:
the journal publishes triannually (i.e. three times a year).
Open Access Policy
Baghdad Medical Journal Of Students is an open-access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or the institution.
Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
The journal provides open access to all of its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The Journal is indexed in the following databases:
* Index Copernicus
* PKP Index